Release Date: 18/10/2019
Missive To An Angel From The Halls Of Infamy And Allure’, the forthcoming double solo album by David J (Bauhaus / Love And Rockets) is an intensely personal, self deprecating, confessional song cycle and ultimately a glowing tribute to his wife of many decades. It is intended as a cyclic swan-song, the last track, ‘I Hear Only Silence Now’ being a new version of the song which was the first on J’s 1983 solo debut, ‘Etiquette Of Violence’.
The new album was recorded in Prague, Berlin and Los Angeles as well as Wellingborough, England when J revisited Beck Studios where his former highly influential band, Bauhaus cut their seminal classic, ‘Bela Lugosi’s Dead’ back in 1979.
The new album features contributions from Anton Newcombe (Brian Jonestown Massacre), Toby Dammit (Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds), Paul Wallfisch (Swans), Sean Eden (Luna), Rose McGowan, Asia Argento, Emily Jane White, Annabel (lee) and the great Czech violinist Karel Holas amongst others.
J sees the album as the culmination of 36 years of solo / collaborative work. It is also a ‘coming home’ of sorts as the label behind the release is the London based Glass Modern (the newly reactivated Glass Records) which originally released some of J’s earliest critically acclaimed works.
Last autumn and early 2019 saw David J tour the world with Peter Murphy as a 40th Anniversary Celebration of Bauhaus. From Valparaiso to Auckland, St. Petersburg to California.
2. Blue Eyes in the Green Room
3. Baudelaire featuring Karel Holas
4. (I Don’t Want To Destroy) Our Beautiful Thing
5. Lovelorn featuring Emily Jane White
6. Clandestine Valentine featuring Karel Holas
7. Of Purgatory and Perfume
8. Migena and the Frozen Roses featuring Asia Argento & Anton Newcombe
9. No Floods Can Drown
10. Pre Existing Condition
11. Copper Level 7 featuring Annabel (lee)
12. (I Walked Away From) The Girl In Yellow
13. Best Western Blues
14. Missive To An Angel From The Halls Of Infamy And Allure
15. The Auteur (Redux / The Starlet) featuring Rose McGowan
16. I Hear Only Silence Now