Electrosteen is an initiative to bring Palestinian traditional music, in its widest sense, into the contemporary international art/musical scene.
A team of professional researchers/musicians/technicians carry out an extensive fieldwork, documenting the oral musical traditions of different ethnic and religious communities of historic Palestine.
An audio material library, collected from existing archives or recorded from professional and non professional urban, rural and Bedouin musicians, was found at Popular Arts Center in Ramallah.
An agreement was signed between Made in Palestine project and Popular Arts Center to use this library that represents an important data base to produce new music.
This is how, during a 2 weeks workshop, a team of carefully selected Palestinian contemporary young musicians and DJ’s was asked to work on the production of original tracks, using this database as a starting point.
1. Uru Salem - Muqataa (ft. Mehdi Haddab and Walaa Sbait)
2. Dusty Floor - Bruno Cruz
3. Ya Halali - Sarouna M
4. Hadoo - Julmud (ft. Walaa Sbait)
5. Yabnel 'Am - Al Nather (ft. Shab Jdeed)
6. Algeriasteen-Bruno Cruz (ft. Mehdi Haddab and Walaa Sbait)
7. We Palestinians - Nasser Halahlih
8. 7ajee - SAMA
9. Abiroon - Muqataa
10. Zeffeh Aftermath - Basel Naouri
11. Egal El Zain - Nasser Halahlih
12. Hide & Seek with the Sun - Bruno Cruz
13. Da7etee - Julmud
14. Trinity - SAMA