Legendary collector, Joe Bussard is putting records out once again!
After running the last 78rpm label in the US (RIP Fonotone Records 1956-1974), Joe had relegated his efforts to promoting old-time music by making cassette tapes for people hungry to hear his rare treasures and producing his radio show Country Classics for stations in Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee and West Virginia.
But last year, Joe and his daughter Susannah Anderson had the idea to produce a compilation of Civil War tunes and they rang the office of Dust-to-Digital to gauge interest in distributing such a compilation.
It was an easy decision for DTD, mainly because Joe’s always been there for us so it was time to partner together once again.
1. Ernest Stoneman - Pass Around The Bottle
2. Blue Ridge Mountain Singers – Lorena
3. Grant Brothers & Their Music - Johnson Boy
4. Red Mountain Trio – Dixie
5. Buell Kazee - The Faded Coat Of Blue
6. G. B. Grayson - Henry Whitter - He Is Coming To Us Dead
7. Ernest Stoneman - Sweet Bunch Of Violets
8. Ward & Winfield - In Those Cruel Slavery Days
9. Chubby Parker & His Littleold-Time Banjo - The Year Of Jubilo
10. Da Costa Woltz's Southern Broadcasters - John Brown's Dream
11. Capt. M. J. Bonner (The Texas Fiddler) - Dusty Miller/Ma Ferguson
12. Cherry Lane Express - Rebels Hornpipe
13. Henry C. Gilliland and A. C. (Eck) Robertson - Turkey In The Straw
14. The Foreman Family - The Poor Old Slave
15. Asa Martin & James Roberts - Darling Nellie Gray
16. Henry C. Gilliland and A. C. (Eck) Robertson - Arkansaw Traveler
17. McGee Brothers & Todd - Old Master's Runaway
18. Da Costa Woltz’s Southern Broadcasters - Richmond Cotillion
19. Fiddlin’ John Carson & His Virginia Reelers - Dixie Division