The Ruptured Sessions is a series of live recordings produced by Lebanese radio host Ziad Nawfal in the studios of Radio Lebanon. The sessions take place during Nawfal’s weekly program Ruptures, with musicians from Beirut’s alternative scene and elsewhere.
Volume 5documents the city’s younger wave of electronic composers, and features impressive performances from the likes of Jad Atoui, Liliane Chlela, Mocques and RadioKVM. Also included are recordings from such visionaries as Robert Lowe (in his Lichens guise); up-and-coming international projects Praed and Under The Carpet; as well as an exclusive duo of Lebanese guitarist Charbel Haber and Canadian sound-maker Radwan Ghazi Moumneh.
1. Aristophanes (213)[Live] by RadioKVM
2. Clowns & Elephants / Religion & Doom (Radio Liban Edit Live) by Mocques
3. Impulse (Live) by Jad Atoui
4. Euphonic Discordance Take 2 (Live) by Liliane Chlela
5. How We Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Feedback (Live) by Under The Carpet
6. Swarmed (Live) by Lichens
7. Burning, Burnt (Live) by Charbel Nicolas Haber, Radwan Ghazi Moumneh
8. 8 Gega (Live) by Praed