Giant Sand 'Love Songs (25th Anniversary Edition)'
The Love Songs was originally released in 1988 and is the fourth reissue from Fire Records. Giant Sand is a mood, says Howes of Giant Sands, as if trying to offer a low-key explanation for his dizzying array of artistic exploration that includes a back-catalogue of some 40 albums as a singer, band-leader and producer. After growing up in Pennsylvania in the 1970s, it wasnt until he moved to Tuscon, Arizona that he met his musical soul mate, the guitarist Rainer Ptaceck. The two formed Giant Sandworms and issued only a handful of recordings before the worms were put to rest: since then, Giant Sand have released 24 albums - an impressive haul when considering Howes equally prolific output under other projects including Black Ranchette and Arizona Amp & Alternator as well as his solo releases.
1. Wearing The Robes Of Bible Black
2. One Man's Woman / No Man's Land
3. Mad Dog A Man
4. Fingernail Moon, Barracuda And Me
5. Mountain Of Love Harold Dorman
6. Almost The Politician's Wife
7. The Doors
8. Love Like A Train
9. Is That All There Is?
11. Get Ready
12. Murky Red Dew
13. Major Glorious Ending Theme
14. Hammer Toe (Bonus)
15. Almost The Politician's Wife - OutTake (Bonus)