A 24 Track Double Cd [18 Track Double Lp] Compiling Eps, Obscurities, Songs In German & French And A Cover Of "Diamonds Are Forever". Partly Recorded By Steve Albini. With Extensive Sleeve Notes By Cinerama's Bass Player.
Cinerama is David Gedge’s ‘other’ band, formed in 1998 when The Wedding Present were taking a break. They have released three studio albums and three compilations, of which Seven Wonders Of The World is the third. The Cinerama compilations round up singles and EPs and principally feature tracks that were not included on the studio albums. The CD version of Seven Wonders Of The World also features a stripped down acoustic session that Cinerama recorded for the KRTU radio station in San Antonio Texas in 2009.
Gedge used Cinerama to explore a different musical territory to The Wedding Present and often cited John Barry and Ennio Morricone amongst his influences. Although this gave the band a big screen filmic feel Cinerama also often incorporated classic pop as well as surf music into their sound. Some of the singles on Seven Wonders Of The World were taken from Cinerama’s 2002 album, Torino, which was described by Uncut Magazine thus : “Cinerama are escaping the shadow of Gedge’s illustrious indie-legend past. Torino is a giant beast of adulterous lyrical fantasies, cult soundtrack flourishes and the screams of Steve Albini-engineered guitars”.
1. Health And Efficiency (6.20)
2. Swim (3.11)
3. Diamonds Are Forever (2.51)
4. Health And Efficiency [Version Francaise] (4.37)
5. Lollobrigida [Version Francaise] (3.39)
6. Quick, Before It Melts [Single Version] (3.24)
7. Ears [Acoustic Version] (3.54)
8. As If (4.33)
9. Careless (2.51)
10. This Isn't What It Looks Like (3.34)
11. Sparkle Lipstick (3.40)
12. Don't Touch That Dial (5.23)
13. The One That Got Away (4.53)
14. On / Off (1.40)
15. It's Not You, It's Me (2.41)
16. Erinner Dich (2.05)
17. I Wake Up Screaming (4.30)
18. Unzip [Live, At The Edge Of The Sea] (3.22)
Bonus Tracks [CD Only]
1. Your Charms [Acoustic Version] (2.54)
2. Get Smart [Acoustic Version] (2.51)
3. Honey Rider [Acoustic Version] (3.43)
4. Kerry Kerry [Acoustic Version] (2.17)
5. King's Cross [Acoustic Version] (2.56)
6. Quick, Before It Melts [Acoustic Version] (3.04)
This Album Compiles Cinerama's Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth And Thirteenth Singles.
Tracks 1-3 were originally released on the Scopitones CD single "Health And Efficiency" [TONE CD 008] in 2001.
Tracks 4-5 were originally released on the Scopitones 7" single "Health And Efficiency" [TONE 008] in 2001.
Tracks 6-8 were originally released on the Scopitones CD single "Quick, Before It Melts" [TONE CD 010] in 2002.
Tracks 9-11 were originally released on the Scopitones CD single "Careless" [TONE CD 012] in 2002.
Tracks 12-14 were originally released on the Scopitones CD single "Don't Touch That Dial" [TONE CD 016] in 2003.
Tracks 15-16 were originally released on the Go Metric 7" single "It's Not You, It's Me" [MM/001] in 2004.
Tracks 17-18 were originally released on the Artificial Head Records And Tapes 7" single "I Wake Up Screaming" [HEAD 011] in 2013.
Tracks 1-6 were originally recorded for a "Music For Listeners" session that was transmitted by KRTU - San Antonio, Texas, USA, in 2009 by Michael Thomas and Orlando Torres.