Cosmic black metal from Scotland. The name comes from Aristarchus of Samos (Greek: Ἀρίσταρχος, 310 – 230 BC), an ancient Greek astronomer and mathematician.
“The combination of engaging riffs and cold otherworldly atmosphere that is presented here is exemplary.
There are grim melodic highlights aplenty, while the keyboard elements swamp the music in layers of dread and malignant auras. The daemonic screams and shadowy exaltations urge the listener to leave it all behind, to stare into the void and jump headfirst into its dark embrace.” Woderboxmetal.
1. Ascension I - Through Emergence to Renunciation
2. Ascension II - He, I, & We Who Hath Traveled and Doth Avow
3. Ascension III - To They Who Dwell Upon the Firmaments
4. Ascension IV - For as Thou Spake to Thine, We Prevailed
5. Ascension V - As Symphonies of Ancients in Beseechment, Accept This Offering to the Abyss